Monday, October 24, 2005

Movie Going & Chicken Eating

So after reading JR's take on the flick Emilytown or what ever it was, I thought to myself, I must see this movie. Fortunately Kendra was thinking the same thing when she won four tickets, and some dinner passes to Chik-fil-A (more to come on that one). So (is it us and or we and) Tracy and Brian went to see this movie. Jr hit it right on the nose, but I must add to it. The dialogue was painfully stiff and awkward. People don't interact like that, the accents were bad as JR said. The only saving grace about that movie was the final 10 min, as I am sure JR will agree. What an epic road trip and what an amazingly clever map and soundtrac to said road trip. Oh and by the way JR, she won the soundtrac as well.

Now on to Chick-Fil-A, this place is good, fast chicken food, but the thing that really knocked my socks off, Kendra can vouch for this, I was blown away. My socks came off when Kendra told me that the place is closed on Sunday because the owners are Christians and they believe that Sundays should be spent with family or at church so "why make their employees work." Are you kidding me? This is a fast food world we live in, and everyone likes chicken, and Sundays are a huge day for family's coming home from church to stop and get some fast chicken food. But they remain closed so more people can spend that day with family. Just think about it, sock blowing isn't it? And to top it all off, as I was sitting there trying to grasp this, we noticed a worship song playing over the speakers. My new favorite restaurant

3 comments:

Portland Dad said...

Well if it's good enough for Louie then it's good enough for me!

Anonymous said...

You are absolutely living in the right place!! Although it is too far away. It makes my heart sing that you are so happy there.

dave said...

chick-fil-a is my favorite fast food restaurant too. i used to get the chicken sandwich combo and an 8-pc nugget pack. they have good sauces.

i remember planning my trip to the grand canyon around towns that had chick-fil-as. the closest one to us is in san luis (north) and torrance (south).