Friday, October 07, 2005

Comin A Yeahhaa!

Last night my wife and I had the pleasure of seeing, in concert, a legend of the stage and screen. Neil Diamond. Thanks to Jenny and Verado Realty we got this once in a lifetime experience. I must say it was very strange, you see, Neil is 72 years of age, I was not aware of this going into the event. Even though he did sound like an old man singing, his voice was strong and it brought back memories of the 8 trac my father had in the little Toyota truck. There was no lack of blue hair in the crowd, Kendra and myself were by far the youngsters but we had fun none the less. Thanks again to Jenny for the tickets, we had a great time. And he really does say Comin A Yeahhaa!! Oh and he has a new album coming out as well, still making sweet music. What a legend!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

What a great oportunity!! No matter his age he is a music legend and you are fortunate to have seen him. When his time does come he will be missed in the industry.

Portland Dad said...

Did he tell any stories about when he wrote these songs?

"This song came to me when I was driving through Texas and I killed a drifter, here we go .....

They come into America, today!"