Monday, February 12, 2007

Freaking B of A

Before I have a heart attack i have to get this off my chest and onto the fish wrap which is my blog. I have a bank account in both Arizona and California for reasons I am not quite sure at this point. So maybe two months ago i was using my check card from BoA and noticed that it was scanning off and on and also the three digit code on the back which allows you to make on-line transactions was rubbed off. I had then made the decision to call BoA and order a new card. So begins my ulcer trail. First off you cannot call the number on the back of your card from your Arizona account and expect to talk to a rep concerning your California account. So, after trying to go through all the right automated channels I finally spoke to a breathing person, I ordered a new card with them and hung up the phone. A week later I received my new card, called the activation number and began using my new card. After trying to make a purchase with my AZ that was declined i had Kendra look the balance up online, -400$. I was having a hard time figuring this out and had her look at all the recent transactions. She started naming them off and as she went through them i noticed something odd, they were all to Home Depot and Lowes, and other establishment of that nature. Well it was queer to me because those were all purchases I was making with my newly ordered CA card. Well using my awesome sleuthing skills i compared the numbers on both cards and, you guessed it Watson, identical!! So to sum up so far, old card dead, new card ordered, new card received, used, overdrawn, sleuthed.

Haha funny i thought. Called BoA and ordered the "right card." Made sure to verify the card number to make sure "we" didnt make the same mistake again, and also verified the address. Then I waited, three weeks passed and still no card. So i called again, verified the card number again and also the address and hung up. Waited another 8 days, no card. So lets sum up. Old bad, new bad, ordered not received, ordered not received.

Haha pissed. Called BoA tonight. Talked to the rep in my ever so restrained I am going to burn the place down voice, and explained my predicament. She told me that she only has on record the time i got the new bad card (AZ), and the most recent time i ordered the new card, (#2 must have been lost on the freaking Tandy computers that they seem to be using at the call center). So I convinced her to send me a new one, again verified the number on the address. Wait what? Can you repeat that? No my address is not on Mason Street in Santa Barbara!!! I haven't lived there in almost 4 years. So i asked her to explain to me why i have been receiving monthly statements for my AZ account, my CA account and our BoA credit card but for some (earmuffs) reason the address "tied" to my debit card is my old place on Mason. She had no logical explanation for me and her, "I understand, I am sorry we will get a new card out to you right away" was certainly falling on deaf ears. I wanted to scream into the phone so loud her mother went blind. How is that freaking possible? So now i have to wait until next wed to get my new card because it gets shipped this wed, thu fri tue wed (monday is a bank holiday), just my luck right? So lets sum up.

Bad card, new bad, re ordered (3)x, wrong address, two weeks. If i don't get the card on wed in two weeks i am closing all my accounts and STRONGLY encouraging everyone in my path to do the same. The only redeeming factor is we have a friend at BoA who helps us in resolving all the overdraft fees. Oh and by the way BoA is an acronym for Bunch of (earmuffs)

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Who has those cards that were sent to the wrong address? Is it possible that other mail went there with a SS number? Keep records of all this and make sure you have the names of the humans you spoke with. There is a remote possiblity this will come back to haunt you.