Friday, May 19, 2006

Jerome Junk



Kendra took this one. This was an old mining spot in the hills above Sedona and Cottonwood. It has been turned into a "ghost town." I loved this place for all the photo ops there were, it has been turned into more of a graveyard for cars and trucks than anything else, you can see the old mine shaft where they dug for gold and copper, there are shacks and lean-to's set up with authentic items from the time period. But I was more into the trucks, thanks to my father. There were all kinds there, and in all states of life and scrap. Studebakers that I have never seen before, and I have seen a lot based on my fathers interest in them, and my searches for all things Studebaker for him. We will have to devote a whole day, maybe two, next time my parents come, to letting my father wonder around his heavenly waste land. Pedro Gonzales Gonzales Gonzales was there greeting all the guests, near the saw mill that had been placed years after the miners had gone. This area is by far my favorite place I have explored here in AZ. I have yet to make it to the real ghost towns, the grand canyon, and camping in flagstaff, but this, this is number one.

No comments: