Thursday, April 13, 2006

Life Lesson

I was listening to the radio today and I heard this story, which has a great moral to it.

There was a man who worked as a janitor at a school for disabled children. He was walking the grounds and noticed a baby bird had been pushed out of it's nest by a crow. The bird wasn't going to make it so he took his shovel and took it's head off. The next day a little girl stopped him and asked, "why did you kill that bird yesterday, I saw you from the window." And the janitor replied, with out thinking I might add, "because the bird was handicapped."

I heard this on a radio program where they do a bit called, "who is going to hell?", the purpose is to come up with the worst story of somebody doing something so wrong that it qualifies them for hell.

The moral of the story? When you kill a bird, make sure no one can see you, no one.

1 comment:

Portland Dad said...

That is a beautiful story Mark!